Warning:Contains Graphic Content


TODAY we will start off with a public service announcement: for your blog post to show up on your blog, you must enter "publish" for it to do so. Seems that I forgot that step for my "Crop It Like It's Hot" post, and it has been sitting here since June 13th! Sigh.

Anyway, IT. IS. DONE! The inforgraphic that is. After hours and hours of moving graphics two millimeters, moving them back, going through data and trying to decide what to feature, picking a font, then changing the font, trying to find cute graphics, tweaking the size of the font, and overthinking the entire project....it is complete. I'm actually pretty proud of it if I do say so myself! 

Drum roll, please.........

So now that it is finally complete, it is a time to reflect.

Things I have learned from this experience: 

  •  As for the inforgraphic itself, I could not do this (graphic design) for a living. If I did, I better hope  that my clients are uberrich because I cannot tell you how many hours I have into it. I know that is totally on me because of my OCD, but that is not going away.  Maybe once I retire I could do it pro- bono, but considering I have a fair amount of financial responsibilities right now, no can do.   
  •  Because of point number 1, I now have a new respect for graphic designers. The creation of these  documents include more than just art and design, but also marketing, research, math, and  psychology. For infographics to be effective, it has to be more than some words and pictures thrown together. Everything on these projects have meaning....even the white space.
  • You truly can share information in an appealing and effective manner with very little text and some strategically selected graphics.

It's funny of how I when though a range of emotions when I was completing this project-excited, overwhelmed, frustrated, cautiously optimistic, and finally-relief.  You would think that I would be happy that it is finished, but submitting it was actually bittersweet.  Wonder if anyone else felt this way?

 


 

 

 



Comments